Re: price-gouging

  • Subject: Re: price-gouging
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:44:44 -0500

NardaA@aol.com wrote:
> Bill and Bob, sometimes the people in small towns don't buy at the same
> wholesale volume and therefore have to charge more just to make a profit and
> a meager one at that.

Hi Narda
	The store that is left was bought out by a small chain from La Crosse
about 2 years ago from the guy who owned it and retired, this is not a
small store but one that caters to many counties or the region. They
were doing ok before the other one went broke from gambling or I am sure
they wouldn't have bought it and once there was no more competition they
really raised their prices. It doesn't affect the ones who can go
somewhere else but the older people who are struggling and can least
afford it the most are hit the hardest. All I am saying is this is a
form of gouging and to me even worst than the other.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/