Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:11:58 -0500

>> Why does a HortaScience Journal need to publish
>> information/articles about hosta hybridizing?  Isn't this something
>> that the Hosta Journal should be doing!?
>You are absolutly correct, Joe, BUT the vast majority of the membership is
>not interested in getting very deeply into the scientific  side of things.
>You would hear complaints if there were much of it. Sad but true. However I
>agree, that  is where scientific teaching and news belongs.
  I am not sure it's sad. I  would just like to celebrate the fact that we
have a scientific publication that will make a lot of purists very happy
and perhaps benefit the rest of us with knoledge we can all benefit from.
And have a more general publication which meet a lot of other needs of a
more genral hosta public.  Cheers for both.

"Depression is just the anger without enthusiasm." Steve Wright
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839