Pylon and Nematodes

  • Subject: Pylon and Nematodes
  • From: "Mortko, Robert A. (Rob)" MortkoRA@bv.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 13:29:12 -0500

Glen,

I stumbled on Pylon (chlorfenapr - made by Olympic) as I was trying to track
down the latest info on Nemacur.

An extension agent (Stanton Gill) at the University of Maryland has done
some recent testing on the effectiveness of Pylon on foliar nematodes and
was instrumental in Olympic adding foliar nematodes to their label.  His
tests were on begonias. Stanton is scheduled to present a paper on his
results in November (at the ESA Meeting - whatever that is) and seems a bit
reluctant to release the efficacy data. He did mention that three
applications at 7-10 day intervals yielded good control  but did not
completely eliminate the nematode population. Plyon is only available to the
commercial trade and listed only for greenhouse use. Apparently a bird died
during some of the toxicity testing and so outdoor use is not permitted.

You mighty glean a bit more info at the Olympic website:

http://www.olympichort.com

Rob in KC