hostas in a landscape

  • Subject: hostas in a landscape
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:13:22 EDT

That is what it is all about.  Hostas that compliment each other so that each
hosta calls to you - "look at me".  What could be more boring than a grouping
of all yellow hostas all different but a mass of coloring.  Sometimes a
grouping of the same hostas can be very pleasing.  I saw about 20 francee planted
together in front of a hotel recently.  They were planted in several separate
raised flower beds with walkways between.  It was wonderful.  They seem to be
in a pretty sunny location so were obviously watered well.  I tend to move my
hostas around a lot trying for just the right effect.  I have a narrow flower
bed which is now in full sun. Neighbor cut down tree.  I have to move a lot of
the plants  that do not like full sun. What to replace them with?  Francee
grows too big.  OH Well!  Chris from Braintree, MA