Re: ground covers & Hostas

Therese I probably would not plant them together even though they are both
relatively strong plants,  Pachysandra multiplies by sending out runners and
would get mixed in with Hosta.  Hostas really prefer their own space.  Both
need moisture in order to be at their best.  Pachysandra's roots are nearer
the surface and work out really well under a pine tree where you can't plant
hardly anything else.    I pack my pachysandra with oak leaves.  You can't see
the leaves because the pachysandra leaves cover over it and I push them down.
I never fertilize the pachysandra.  I plant both in soil with a lot of organic
matter but I also use cow manure for my hostas.  Good luck.  Christine from
Braintree, MA  Zone 5