Re: ground covers & Hostas

Theresa:
	I have hostas planted in pachysandra, ivy, sweet woodruff, etc.,  I would
suggest putting them in pots and keeping the top of the pots about the height
of the ground covers.   For me, it shows off the hosta better.  I find no
increase in slugs or other insects, than those planted in the garden without
the grand cover areas.  Mine over-winter in the same pots with some shredded
leaves on them.
Hoping that his may help.
Gayle O. Kamp  gokamp@aol.com  z5