Number of Varieties

As delirium sets in due to having started work at 5 am and going for a
marathon session (I'll be finished about 3 am tomorrow), I was wondering....
How many varieties of hosta have been registered?  Also what would be an
educated guess as to the total number of hosta varieties (reg and unreg)?
YES I've become a sick puppy.  Please don't ask me to use differential
equations to resolve this ;).  Anyone what to hazard a guess on the size of
place you'd need to grow all the hosta varieties?

A very tired but still consious,
Kate E. Ardissono
Long Beach, IN