Favorite hostas Sugar & Cream

Sugar and cream gets very badly eaten.  I always strip leaves of hostas that
have been badly damaged. I like the appearance of my garden to look nice all
of the time.   A lot of plants get eaten a little which is tolerable, but
they really love sugar & cream.  Out of a five division plant only three
leaves are left standing.  It really looks pathetic.    Do others have this
problem with this plants.  Thanks Chris