Re: Will the real registrar stand up

In a message dated 9/9/99 12:38:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
su2944@eclipse.co.uk writes:

<< Stephenson, as the appointee of the International Registration Authority
 Hosta (which happens to be A.H.S. although I believe that in Mervyn Eisel's
 time was the University of Minnesota) is only required to keep record of the
 names accepted for registration and to confirm applications for registration
 when he has ascertained that the name has not already been used for a hosta,
 and that the proposed name does not violate the style required by the
 International Code.     Roger Bowden, Devon,  England. >>

Hi Roger,

Thank you for further clarification.  I think my confusion arose from the
paragraph in Diana Grenfell's book on pg. 31.  I read that the AHS is the
International Registration Authority, and mistakenly (?) assumed they somehow
controlled the registration process.

 How and what is registered during the process is clear, and I personally
would hold the introducer responsible for quality. As I understand it, David
Stevenson is doing what he agreed to do.......record information.

Now, can someone explain the "responsibilites" of the International Reg.

Thanks for continue patience,

Lori Johnson