Baloney

  FYI:

Subj:         Message from ROBIN Committee
Date:   9/9/1999 7:06:26 AM Central Daylight Time
From:   drsnooks@BUFFNET.NET (Carolyn Schaffner)
Sender: AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM (AHS-sponsored members' discussion
of genus Hosta & Society              mission.)
To: AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hello Robins,

        Currently there are about 240 members on the AHS sponsored Hosta
Robin. A solid majority have quietly expressed their displeasure through
private posts and a lot of deletion. Some have chosen to leave the Robin
and others may be suspended if the current state continues.
     The guidelines of the agreement which you acknowledged in joining
the Robin were just published again as a reminder. In joining we all
gave our word to behave within certain guidelines.
   The committee feels strongly that anyone who believes that he or she
can not keep their commitment to the agreement should withdraw from this
Robin. Other robins may be willing to incorporate behavior which our
current guidelines do not allow for.
        By its nature the AHS Robin is not a democracy, but attempts, through
the committee, to encourage an atmosphere where a majority of its
members will feel comfortable in posting. That is not the state of the
robin at this time by anyone's standards.
   It is clear that some members are greatly disturbed at the actions of
the committee or possibly the guidelines themselves. This has resulted
in name calling and some very ugly private messages. We can only hope
that those wishing to express themselves so negatively will think about
the future of the Robin and attempt to bring about any changes they wish
to see through productive and positive efforts. Not by making the Robin
an arena for abuse and private agendas.
   Forgotten in all of this is that this Robin was designed for our
enrichment, education , and the promotion of hostas. This has been lost
in the words and deeds of the past few days.

The AHSEMAILROBIN Committee