Re: (no subject)

Clyde:

I have watched the goings on here on Hosta-open and and AHSPOL with great
interest so far.  In the main I have considered that you were in the right
as best I could tell without any direct involvement.  I have also considered
that most of the e-mails you forwarded or copied to the list were
excessively rude and abrasive, and am not surprised at the lack of response
you have recieved. If you had sent them to me I would either have ignored
them or sent a hostile response. Until now I had excused them on the basis
of your passion for hostas and your belief that the society must change for
the better.  Your comments to Gene Bush, and your forwarding of mail from
another list have certainly changed my mind on this subject. Certainly they
would merit your being expelled from many lists I currently subscribe to,
and I no longer am surprised that you were removed from the AHS list if this
is typical of your behaviour.

Like Gene I have had more than enough of having posts on the AHS delivered
to my home. I joined this list to learn more about hostas.  The only thing I
have learned so far is that I want nothing to do with the AHS, it's politics
and it's members-not just those in control but those who oppose the current
power structure.  If the list moderator would be so kind to unsubscribe me
at my original address, which I can no longer do myself as my modem has
become unserviceable (rbcamp@neptune.on.ca), I will take care of getting
myself disconnected from my temporary hotmail address.
I wish those of you who are still capable of civil discourse good luck with
your efforts to reform the AHS, which certainly appears in need of it. Those
of you who are incapable of civil discourse are welcome to e-mail me
privately rather than responding to the list and irritating those remaining
who are still more interested in hostas than hostility.  I, like Gene, am
going home to cultivate my garden, hostas and non hostas alike.

Bob Campbell