Re: Blue Shadows

In a message dated 9/10/1999 4:23:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
true-blue@prodigy.net writes:

<< I just got a 'Blue Shadows', because I found it interesting at the
 nursery. There were 4 pots, two of which got some sun, (not sure how
 much) and 2 that didn't. Those that did not look a lot like the coloring
 of 'June.' Those that did get more sun look completely different. The
 blue portion was still quite dark, and the portion that on the shaded
 plants was green, on the sun exposed plants was bright yellow.
   Does anyone know how much sun this cultivar can take to get this
 Diane >>

The above Hosta, I am growing in direct mid morning sun and bright filtered
shade the rest of the day without any problems, I would try it in all morning
sun at first and see what colors you get. I had a few plants from last year
that were in half day of afternoon sun and they were all most all gold.