Re:

I am not believing that I am posting on a Hosta Robin about Manners.

That is right, we are simple talking about how we behave in public.  I think
is simply in bad taste and quite presumptuous to say somebody is something
unless there is overwhelming proof of that.  If not in bad taste, at least
it is bad manners.

    When you say someone is a .....  It presumes that you have the right to
judge what that person is.  I would say that is presumptuous on your part.

    When you say someone is behaving like a ..... It presumes that you have
the right to judge that persons behavior.   That is also presumptuous.

    When you say I do not agree with you or the way you behave.  You have
made a legitimate statement of your beliefs.

    When you say I do not think what you are doing or saying is correct.
You have again stated you opinion (which may or may not be backed up with
facts).

We have rules of human discourse so that we can have human discourse.  When
I see behavior that fits the first two statements above I wonder what the
ulterior motives of the individual making the statements are.  Anytime we
judge another without basis (name calling), bully someone (be abusive), or
attempt to dictate (interrupt them) their behavior we are attempting to
manipulate their behavior, not have a discourse with them or tying to
resolve a dispute with them.

I am not saying I do not do these things myself, but I do not think there
really is any dispute about what is good manners and what is not.  I can put
a tank top on and lounge around my house on weekends, but I would not go to
Shonney's dressed like that (at my age it would probably be considered
obscene, LOL).  However, I would defend my right to go in public dressed
anyway I want to.  Following good manners does not mean that I have given
into some dictatorial rules.

I think there has been enough said about this subject, so let us please let
it rest.

Jim Anderson