Re: Discussion

In a message dated 9/11/1999 7:12:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<<
 5) Benefits to be expected from foliar fertilizing, side dressing,
 proper pH, double digging, mulch, etc.

 {Soil should be as acid as possible. I have had good results from foliar
 fertilizers. Mulch is important for water retention. Use cypress bark and
oak
 leaves.}

 6) Organic/ chemical fertilizer recommendations. If you are an organic
 gardener, what fertilizers do you use?

 { Miracid;Osmocote;Jersey Green Sand;12-12-12;liquid seaweed with Fe; fish
 emulsion; Vitamin B-1. I will NEVER use Superphosphate again.

Clyde-do you happen to know the pH of your soils?
And what in your estimation would be the most suitable soil pH range?
Our soil is close to neutral or alkaline and I do know that acid soils make
it easier for plants to remove ions from soil particles.

Paul