Interim Accepted Cultivar Birthday Party Tour...Part 2

Robins,

In the last episode we got lost. We took the wrong turn. Our Board,
which is supposed to represent the membership,  was driving our Society
vehicle and got us lost  So what do we do now? Simply tell them to turn
around and re-find our way toward our goals. If enough of us tell them
that we " have a ticket to ride", they will have to listen.

We know what our goals are. They are stated in each edition of our
Journal...we promote, we encourage, we educate, we investigate, we find
out more about hostas...and we organize information about hostas to
share it with the membership and the world at large. And we shouldn't be
destroying our Society because a few people have decided that
registration, and their ideas of the best and quickest way to achieve
more of it,  is of priority importance to the Society.   IT IS NOT...
The Society should come first and the methods selected to achieve more
registration ( a mere tool)  should not endanger the Society's existence
or well being..

Back to the roadmaps, everyone. We must figure out where we are, who
decides to drive this Society Vehicle, who buys the gas, what kind, how
much, where are we going next and how do we get there.

I have been accused of being negative, breaking rules, attacking someone
(don't know who).  But I have some positive suggestions to offer. I
suppose many within the membership  also have positive suggestions. I am
going to give mine and I hope you will give yours. Perhaps the President
and the Board will take some of them to heart....perhaps not. But let's
make them anyway, hoping that some will listen and consider them before
the Board meets next,  sometime in October.

Jim Hawes

Part three with suggestions to the Board  follows soon.