Re: Part 3 IAC Birthday Party Tour

AmberWaveG@aol.com wrote:

> I belive that the American Hosta Growers Association should be givin a voting
> position on the AHS board rather than a non voting position simply titled
> AHGA Liasion.
> Gary
> Amber Wave Gardens

As part of my policy of disagreeing with everyone about everything, I disagree.
I think the AHGA should stay out of the politics of the AHS and should stick with
being a group of hosta growers.  One reason I dropped out of the AHGA was because
Jim Wilkins used it's input as a part of his justification for the adoption of
the current policies under dispute.  It seemed to me that he was saying that he
was surprised at the uproar because a representative of the growers was involved
in the formulation of the policy.

When the AHGA gets a board position, it speaks for its members, whether they
agree or not.  Where would the group be now if it had officially voted for or
against the Preferred Growers Program?

Chick