Re: pelargonium torulosum

Peter, I have grown P. torulsum in the past. Unfortunately, I no longer have
it, but I did find some photographs of the plant I had taken.
You are correct, the plant grows slowly. It forms a tuber or bulblets above
ground from which the leaves and flower peduncles grow. The flower are white,
roughly an inch in height and width. The two top petals are about two-thirds
the length of the lower petals. There may be a little red at the throat of
the top petals. The flowers are at the end of approximately three inch
pedicles, which are attached to approximately six inch peduncles. There were
three flowers on each peduncle on my plant. The leaves are small, and they
have the general structure of P. myrrifolium var. coriandrifolium. The leaf
stems were very short. The plant goes dormant. I wish I could tell you more.
It was interesting but not easy to grow. If I ever grow it again it I will
treat it like a Hoarea and provide it mostly sand and pumice with a little
organic matter to get good drainage. I cannot find this specie in any of the
reference material I have, so I am unable to tell you what section this
specie belongs in.
Hopefully, this information will be useful to you.
Cy Baucke