Pelargonium echinatum

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Pelargonium echinatum
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:57:41 -0500

Hi everyone :)

I am dividing my Pelargonium echinatum today- I am not sure if this is the
right time of year, as it is about to do dormant after blooming all winter,
but the roots looked a little stressed, and so I have to do it.  My question
is, with the two smaller divisions, do I plant them with the bulbous root
portion under the soil, at the surface, or above the surface? There are
fibrous roots below the tuber area, so I just don't want to put the tuber
too deep if I am not supposed to. Thanks in advance.

Laurie
Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist
Cape Cod, MA USA zone 7