Red Black Vesuvius

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Red Black Vesuvius
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandyc@SURFARI.NET>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:03:18 -0700

    I have read an article by Arthur Boggis from BPGS regarding the
origin of Red Black Vesuvius with a date of about 1857 found in
Derbyshire.  Upon contacting Mr. Boggis, he informs he got this
information from an article in 1995 by David Bond (who judges at the
Pelargonium shows in UK).  So far, I have not been able to locate the
article from 1995 nor communicate with Mr. Bond.
    All other information on this plant date it at 1889 or 1890.  Please
help me track down this information.  Thanks.
Sandy Connerley