[IGSROBIN] Update form Holland

Hi all,
Just a short update from snowy Holland to let you know that over here in
the gazebo (serre) I chose to keep some of my species growing this year,
so put them on the heated shelf with the succulent Pellies that now
think it is summer anyway (I call them my "Australian black Swans" since
also those stay breeding in winter in the Amsterdam Zoo so the zoo
keepers every year must be on the watch out to collect eggs in time and
then redirect parents and eggs to a warmer spot inside...).
So fully flowering making the dark december months a lot more fun are:
P. inquinans, P. zonale (the red form and now also the pinkish white
form I bought with Fibrex last summer), a lovely hanging basket full of
P. x lateripes and finally P.reliquifolium with its elongated pinkish
white flowers on elegant long stems and P. triste is now branching out
and every day the long leaves get longer.
In the garden erodiums and Geraniums hibernate safely with a nice cover
of turf (peat) and snow.
Hope to stay in touch - am too busy right now to contribute much but
will try...
Am wondering how the Geraniums in China are doing - we have one
subscriber from over there - would love to hear more about those!
--
Mimy Sluiter
e-mail: mailto:manx1@wxs.nl