Bacterial Fascination

Hi from Southern California,
    For years I have been fascinated by an occasional strange growth coming
from my Regals and angels. This week at the San Diego Geranium society I
learned the name for this aggressive, mutating growth. It generally starts at
the base of the plant, but surprising enough my Regal, Yarrabee Jane had it
growing 4 inches up the stock from the soil line. I would say that out of a
couple 200 to 500 pellies that this Bacterial Fascination will appear on a
given plant. I have never seen this bacterial fascination on Zonals or Ivies,
let alone any species. How about the rest of you?
    When this bacterial fascination appeared, I observed the growth. It was
interesting yet, disturbing for it never has a good green chlorophyll leaf.
The leaves start to grow fuzzy in a mass grouping. Then bursts out
aggressively looking like something out of Star Wars and starts to take over
the plant. I would just cut it out and of course it would just come back
because I wasn't aggressive enough to radiate the growth. So it seems that
its like a cancer. Now, I remove as much of it as I can, if the plant is dear
to me, like Yarrabee Jane is. The other day I went to check on this bacterial
fascination and its starting up again. So once again I took on a more
aggressive approach to remove this plant cancer. I used a sterile tool, and
removed the growth by cutting deeper into the stem stock. Then I  washing off
my tool with alcohol and disposed the growth in the trash and not the compost.
    Where this bacterial fascination comes from is indeed a mystery, and why
it appears on selective random plants is also a mystery unto itself.
     Anyone have any answers?
Regards,
    Cynthia Pardoe,

Oh yes.....also, here is a peak preview of my web page:   <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/regalart/">Cynthia's Originals</A>  mind you its
under construction. Or try.......http://members.aol.com/regalart/