Re: [IGSROBIN] Thirsty San Diego Pels

Andrew,

Are you double potting those plants in exposed areas?  It might help cut down
on the moisture loss and also keep them upright.  I've also resorted to "bean
bags" of rocks to weight them down, similar to what George uses when watering
from the bottom up.

All the angels are double potted, because they are the ones that I'm most
concerned about.  Of course, they are also quite petite, so they just snuggled
down into the pots to get out of the wind and have been snapping out requests
for luke warm drinks with fertilizer chasers (preferably with those little
umbrellas!)   And if I don't get it delivered fast enough, of course, they
sulk.  Nothing looks sadder than an angel in full sulk drooping despondently
over the edge of its clay pot.

We're knocking together yet another  6x4 "temporary" table today to house the
angels in the sun, because I don't want them to get thin and scrawny in the
lathhouse because of the additional shadey.  Clark pointed out that this makes
four temporary tables, and I might as well fess up and admit that they aren't
temporary any more.

Cindi