IGS soon able to accept VISA & Mastercard payments re membership

IGS will soon be able to accept payment for membership via Visa and
MasterCard.  There will be a secure link on the IGS website that will allow
members to renew and potential members to pay for their memberships using
Visa or MasterCard.

Anyone who has purchased an international money order lately knows that they
are sometimes more expensive than the item you wanted to pay for in the first
place.  IGS has been looking for an easy to use, safe, less expensive way for
overseas members to purchase memberships and renewals.   The research has
been done, and the Board has approved the action, so it is simply a matter of
the Webmaster making the appropriate links and additions to the IGS website.

Anyone is welcome to use their credit card, not just those overseas.  There
will be a small handling fee added to the cost of membership.   Subject to
last minute changes, we are looking at the following:

$16       1 year (4 journals) mailed by regular mail
$25       1 year (4 journals) mailed by airmail

Please let me know your thoughts on this new option, and once the website is
updated, your experience when using a credit card to pay for
membership/renewal so that I can report back to the Board.

Cynthia Lohry
President, IGS