[IGSROBIN] IGSRobin Mailing List and IGS Website

>I went to the OneList site to recheck and the cost is zero! You can set
>up a list without any payment.

The IGS Robin is on a server at St John's University using Listserv Mailing
List software and not connected to Geocities or Yahoo!  It isn't connected
to the IGS website, except that the Website Editor, Brenda Archer is back-up
for the Mailing List and I am back-up for the Website. So the robin doesn't
have any (potential) problem to deal with.

However, you do raise an interesting point. Are we happy with the current
IGS Robin Mailing List software command system? For those of you who know
the ONElist system, there are a number of differences, some easier to
understand and opperate. Part of the command and information arrangements
are web based but it it is still possible to subscribe and un-subscribe by
e-mail. There is a diadvantage that ONElist advertise on each message sent
out - so far these are not TOO intrusive being only promotion of ONElist
itself or lists on ONElist - although I do not personally like them. However
they reserve the right to change this. I have already registered IGSRobin as
a list name on ONElist in the eventuallity that something should go wrong
with our current software/server. (I have Lists on ONElist and am a member
of others, so know my way around.) We could consider changing, but there is
no point if we are happy with Listserv at St Johns. Thoughts on this would
be welcome.

(IGSRobin List "Owner")