Re: [IGSROBIN] Pelargonium torulosum

----- Original Message -----
From: riedy <rriedy@UNM.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 9:21 AM
Subject: [IGSROBIN] Pelargonium torulosum

> Does anyone have a handle on the species P. torulosum?  I got seed from
> IGS last year and have five tiny plants.  I need to know everything from A
> to Z about this species and would appreciate being steered in the right
> direction with info including literature references.

A real beauty.  Winter growing dwarf perennial, branched from base with a
series of shorth growths that look like a series of beads.  Leaf a bit like
P. hystrix.  Native to Cape province, Klipplaat, found growing under bushes
in sandy soil.  Keep dry in Summer.  Cream to yellow flowers though like
many winter growing species I find the growth form more interesting than the

Keep Growing
Pete Liekkio
Seattle, Washington