Re: [IGSROBIN] Geranium Books

As the author one of the (three!) books on hellebores (of all things!) I
agree that the geranium field is not fully covered but Diana Miller's
recent botanical work on the genus Pelargonium is outstanding.

It so happens that I work occasionally as consultant to a British publisher
of gardening books - with a book on geraniums on the way: 1000 Pelargoniums
by Hazel Key should be out in the UK in June and in the USA in July - it
has 1000 colour pictures!  But what specific group of geraniums still need
coverage - apart from Angels? Coloured-leaved types perhaps?

Graham Rice
Northamptonshire, UK
Zone 8

>Wonderful news about the geranium book coming out in a while.  I figure if
>there can be three books devoted to hydrangeas, one entirely devoted to
>hellebores (of all things) and other books on even rarer plants, surely a
>subject as widely followed as Geraniums should have a book of its own.  I
>assume the "Robin" in the author's name is the same individual after which
>this email address is named. Thanks for the info.

Visit the Discovering Annuals website at