Thanks and Leiden

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Thanks and Leiden
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandyc@SURFARI.NET>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 08:04:09 -0700

    Thanks for the site.  It is enjoyable.  Wish I spoke more languages.

    In the book Cape Floral Kingdom by Conrad Lighton, page 209 on the
listing CHRONOLOGY, is the following:

1687   Ten species of Cape pelargonium in Leyden Botanic Gardens,

Do you know if there is a list of which 10 species?   I have searched
and searched without success.

Also am looking for lists of which pelargoniums Francis Masson sent to
Kew from the Cape.  He was there in 1772 and then from 1785-95.

Guess I should be looking for early pelargonium species sent to Holland
since they probably got them first.

Any reference ideas?

Sandy Connerley
Grover Beach, California