  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] History
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandyc@SURFARI.NET>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:32:07 -0700

    Do you know of any publications in English that tell the Dutch
version of the history of the pelargoniums being brought out of the
Cape?  I read in Cape Floral Kingdom by Conrad Lighton in his chronology
that in "1687  Ten species of Cape pelargonium in Leyden Botanic
Gardens, Holland."  I have searched on-line trying to find out what they
were to no avail.  Am wondering about the early history in general.