  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] BOTRYTIS
  • From: Claire Peplowski <ECPep@AOL.COM>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:42:17 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/02 9:30:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mirror@3RIVERS.NET writes:

<< beast not to mention flowering plants.  I had recently potted on several of
 my dwarfs into plastic thinking they needed more foot room.  I tend to
 hover over them and water at the first sign of wilting leaves, in short: if
 in doubt I water. >>

Not being the expert here, but having around twenty five miniature or species
pelargoniums indoors most of the year - upstate New York in cold zone 4 - I
never pot any of them in plastic.

In the winter months they need lights here to be healthy, just make it with
natural light from glass.  Plastic pots contribute to the death of all the
winter kept pelargoniums as you cannot control the water.  It is a nuisance
that you cannot use a potting mix that will keep the moisture just right but
if you do the temperatures will drop and there are dead plants.  Orchid pots
are good for the fussiest plants.

They are all looking good just now from the increased light.

Claire Peplowski
NYS z4