Re: Scheen

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Scheen
  • From: Mimy Sluiter <manx1@WXS.NL>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:16:43 +0200

More on the "real" Scheen's:
- Rita Scheen, Angel, white flower with purple marks on pinkishlila,
variegated leaf, bred by Gerris Holland in 1978.
This one *was* named after our late societies chairman and the only
Angel with a variegated leaf (whitish edges). I saw it in the UK in two
nurseries a couple of years ago.
Sport of this:
- Green Rita Scheen (larger flower and rangier with green leaves,
reversion to the "normal" from the variegated form). Also propagated
under the perhaps more correct name  "Vincent Gerris" since the
reversion of course also took place at the nursery in Holland where Rita
Scheen was bred and not only in the UK.
Another one (a sport?):
- Rita Scheen Improved - the white edge leaf is flat and normal rather
than cupped as with the original 'Rita Scheen'. Same bloom. Bred by Fay
- Offspring of Rita Scheen:
Southern Cherub, whitishpink, brownred marks, Angel, breeder: E. Lack UK
1996 (Rita Scheen x Raspberry Ripple)