Re: [IGS] Lanky Sumos

The plants that became too tall and drawn out, were they in full sun?

My experience with overpotting was that if I jumped to a pot that was much
larger than what I started with, the plant would stall out and not do well.  I
was told the soil would go "sour" before the plant could grow enough roots to
pull the moisture and nutrients from it.  I've had better luck pushing the
plants as fast as they will go from a 4" to a 6" to a 10" to a gallon, etc.
If I can lift the plant from the pot and see the fine white roots on the sides
of the rootball, I pop them into the next size pot.  If I don't botch up the
watering system, I can move angel cuttings from 2" pots up to 6" in a couple
months, weather permitting.

I also find that by double potting my plants the roots seem to be more willing
to grow to the edge of the pot.  Maybe the plants don't put the roots into the
soil right next to the pot if it keeps getting too hot from the sun?