[IGS] Zonal vs Pels

I had a woman come into the nursery yesterday who perused my geraniums
and complained loudly and bitterly about how I don't have geraniums.
All she can find at any nurery is 'those d*** scrawny ZONALS with the
little bitty flower heads and ugly little leaves.  I used to buy REAL
geraniums all the time, and now you can't find them."
She said they had flower heads several times larger than what is
currently grown.  And when I explained the use of growth regulators and
WHY growth regulators are used (to chemically cause breaks and so that
the growers can fit many times more plants onto the same bench space)
she became quite indignant and informed me that if I lived as long as
her, I might know a thing or two, but not to try to tell her about
geraniums, as she knows what she's talking about.
OK.  So call me stoopid and ill-informed.
So, lest I die before being as worldly as she, here be I to seek
knowledge.  Just what DO we stock, if it isn't geraniums?  Her emphasis
was on the difference between ZONALS and geraniums.  Is there a

The Greenhouse Nursery
81 S. Bagley Creek Road & Hwy 101
Port Angeles, WA  98362
(360) 417-2664