[IGSROBIN] germination of P alchemilloides

Hi Cindi,

Guess our weather here is conducive to Christmas shopping...a pale lemony
sun and some ice crystals sailing down from the skies...the sun is so low
on the horizon.
Yes, I reuse my old pots..I rinsed them some three weeks ago--I didn't use
bleach ( it that chlorine?) I used some dish washing liquid instead. It was
sure funny to stand in the garden, +7C and up to your elbows in hot water,
but not at all unpleasant. Some claypots fall to pieces and then I smash
them into small small pieces and reuse in my cactus mix. Great for drainage
and keeping an even level of moisture in the pots. Plastic...won't the
material age if you use chlorine? Just thinking....I don't put pieces of
clay pots( as it is know in books; crockery!) at the bottom of my pots 'to
improve drainage'. First of all ..it doesn't, and if the soil falls out of
the pot..put some paper there instead.

Now Cindi...it sounds definitely like something out of a newspaper! I can't
say I have half as much fun...just what so funny about chasing the odd slug
in the greenhouse?

Now to one thing that has been bothering me lately. My P
alchemilloides...it still flowers in the greenhouse and I have been
harvesting the seeds when they burst out and sending them to friends...but
now they keep telling me they won't germinate! Are the seeds too fresh or
is it the wrong time of the year? I did caution them about
temperatures...nothing above +20 C...can anyone help please?

All the best from Ingrid in Sweden