feeding sp Pelargoniums

Greetings from Sweden!

This Spring I bought some P ferulaceum seeds from a firm in England,
gave some to a friend. Lots germinated...for both him and me.
I gro my pels in a very fast draining medium, I seldom feed them,
perhaps once or twice a year, and they stay small and puny for some

My friend brought in one of his plants to show me. Large plant,
potted in a bonsai dish, and such large nice roots, TWENTY times as
large as mine.....but with the main stem crudely chopped off and some
side branches beginning to form below the cut.

This got me thinking....maybe I ought to feed more. So I am
asking...how often and how much do you feed your species pelargoniums?