Leaf Color

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Leaf Color
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandym@NORTHCOAST.COM>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:41:44 -0800

So you teach!  While I was away this weekend, my used book, Genetics of
Flowering Plants by Verne Grant arrived in the mail.  I am sure it would
be easier to ask questions on the Robin with you and Barry and Phil
answering in such a clear manner, but will take a stab at studying this.

A Happy Thought with rust coloring would be awesome.  Can't you keep a
few plants in the house?  I raise hundreds inside on shelves with four
foot lights - one warm and one cool bulb - with great success.
If you are ever up to it, I would love a little more detail on the color
in the leaves.  If I understand correctly, that is why you introduce the
colored leaf last and use the seed parent if that is your goal.
Thanks for all the information.