Re: Pelargonium 'Vixen'

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Pelargonium 'Vixen'
  • From: Sandy Connerley sandyc@SURFARI.NET
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 07:05:27 -0700

    I don't think so.  They are both listed in the same catalogs from
the 1970's.  While both usually described as singels, they are described
as having a slightly different shade of flower.  One of the catalogs
says that one of them holds the zone all year long.  I wondered if
'Black Vixen' was a sport off of 'Vixen' but that is just an idea.
    The only information I can find on Howard Kerrigan is reference to
him by William Schmidt in a couple of very old articles in Geraniums
Around the World.  I thought there might be a mention of him when he
passed away in some magazine, but have not found it.  Since Howard W.
Kerrigan was from Oakland or that vicinity and that is my birthplace, I
was especially curious!