Re: Blue Sky Idea

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Blue Sky Idea
  • From: William Lemke GardenerBill1@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:14:49 EDT

Anyone correct me if I am wrong.  When local clubs have sales/shows--does not
some contribution go the IGS general fund?  I am distant from the group that
has graciously made me a member.  Is there any funding from the annual
sale-or is it insignificant.
My feeling is that the IGS is a loosely amalgamated society.  I know that
starting and maintaining a local group is VERY difficult.  Attracting local
members is also difficult.  There are many long distance members like myself.
 Also it seems that some members who are at VERY long distances from the IGS
groups make major contributions.  These individuals are very experienced and