another fundraising idea

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] another fundraising idea
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 02:36:47 -0400

Hi again- One other fundraising idea is the sale of IGS T-shirts, calendars,
mugs etc.  I thought of the t-shirts because I have sold my own artwork
t-shirts - in fact last week I got a price from my printer for my own
designs- a Hanes or Fruit of The Loom 100% cotton pre-shrunk adult t-shirt
is $ 17.00 to have one full color image printed on either the front or the
back (but just one side) - they would then have to be sold for maybe 20.00
to 25.00 (all prices US) each to have a profit, but it's an idea.  Also, I
only have a few printed at a time, I am sure bulk printing would get a lower
price. Perhaps IGS could have a "contest" of sorts for people to submit
artwork for the t-shirt design.  I'm willing to donate the time to draw or
paint a design, but do not want anyone to think I assume my art would be
liked by all, and so a contest came to mind.

Laurie

Laurie A.E. O'Meara
Artist and Horticulturist
ODH, Ornamental Horticulture
Cape Cod, MA USA zone 7
http://www.laeom.com
Moderator/Owner -Geraniums and Pelargoniums at Yahoo
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeraniumsandPelargoniums/