Re: CD

  • Subject: Re: CD
  • From: Ed Olson Moore H20wrx@AOL.COM
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:41:33 EDT

Brenda, Sandy and ..-

Sorry to chime in so late. While it is true that CDs could be duplicated and
sold by anyone , the same holds true for hard copies. How can you protect
against it? Where would someone unload hundreds or thousands of copies?
Someone would have to advertise in Horticulture Magazine, GATW or something
similar in order to move multiple copies. I'm not opposed to breaking the
information down into multiple CDs. Two things are accomplished: the IGS
makes money, and everyone has affordable access to the information in these
back issues.  I'm willing to bet that IGS does better selling CDs than they
do now on back issues. Putting back issues on CDs will increase interest in
the IGS.
 It's even possible that libraries that have shown no interest in alloting
space for a specialty magazine like GATW, may be interested in carrying CDs.
In my local library, about a year ago, I was told that if someone requested
any book or specialty magazine, the odds were good that it would be ordered.

Ed

Blue Sky continues to roll!