Re: [IGS] census of interests

Hi Andrew!
I have around 40 different scented Pelargonium cultivars, around 75
species - some scented, some funny, some with tubers, some succulents
(in the serre), then some variegated leafed Zonals, a few "normal"
zonals, a few dwarf Zonals and one micro-mini Zonal (Gwen), one Stellar,
several Peltatums (Ivy leafed) mainly old English variagated leaved ones
plus the Australian Crocodile, around 7 different Uniques, a couple of
Angels, 1 Sarcocaulon (vanderietiae) + one rooted cutting for Rein <ggg>
and in the full ground around 30 different Geraniums and some Erodiums.
When my Monsonia seed from Rein will germinate I guess I have all the
five Geranium families present here (or should I add Hypseocharis
Currently I am taking cuttings to be sure all will come through the
winter well (in greenhouse and serre) - when frost sets in all the
pellies and fuchsia's have to get indoors again. Oh yes, and before I
forget - there is also one 60 year old Agave americana "Variegata" here
that came with the house - also to be dragged in again in october...
The most decorative Pellies I try to cut down limitedly so they still
look nice and they will spend the winter in the living room. My huge
rose scented P.capitatum in the full ground survived the transit to a
large container well and is still on the terrace recovering and making
some new leaves and will be a very decorative houseplant hopefully (yep,
I resisted cutting it into pieces... - he is very glad to have
survived). And aside I also have around 10 Fuchsia species with funny
flowers and habits (a lot of spraying required to mimic the
high-mountain climate from South America) plus two hardy F.
magellanica's (alba and ricartonii in the full ground) and a few early
F. "Triphylla" hybrids (Thalia, Gartenmeister Bonstedt etc.)
Mimy from Holland (am I a fringe person now? Dunno the exact meaning of
the term, but know the word from "fringe meetings" I have with other
political experts to discuss different topics at congresses for my daily
Mimy Sluiter