[PHOTO] SPEC: APHYLLA | Sat, 7 Apr 2001 00:20:07" />

I received this iris in trade from Bruce Richardson 4 or 5 years
ago. This iris is quite a bit taller and larger flowered than the
other 3 species aphyllas that I grow here, and it's the only
aphylla that has variegation, and the only aphylla that doesn't
have more flat dog-eared strap like petals, and the only
aphylla with non-white beards. So whether this is a species
as it was collected from the wild, or a cross between
different species aphyllas, or a cross between an aphylla
and a different species I'm not sure.

I remember the names of the three surviving species aphyllas
BR sent me. This photo (from last summer) should be one of
these three:

Aphylla Hungarica
Aphylla Pollonica
Aphylla Bohemica