Re: Buying a Camera...Suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Buying a Camera...Suggestions?
  • From: doris1434@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:51:43 EDT

Hi Laetitia:
      I researched for weeks before I bought my digital camera nearly two
years ago and chose an Olympus D-450 zoom, 1.3 megapixel camera. At the time
the best price I could find was $500 but now they are in the neighborhood of
$300. The D-450 has been upgraded to something else! I have been delighted
with this camera and have photographed many flowers, trees, gardens,
landscapes, etc.
      The camera has (in my opinion) everything the average user needs plus
features that are there if and when you need them. Mine came with an eight MB
card and depending upon your settings, will take from 2 to 120 (something)
pictures. I also bought an ActionTec reader which plugs into a USB port. I
simply put the card into the reader and pull it up on my monitor. . . and
there are my pictures! Larger MB cards are now available. . .16, 32 and ???
      I have found the color to be pretty darn accurate also. . .the only
complaint I have is that my camera sees the world through rose colored
lens!!! It seems to make everything look better, YOUNGER, cleaner, neater. .
      If you need more information, contact me directly.

Doris Elevier El Paso,TX Zone 7 Windy, hot and bone-dry!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor