Re: Aril med rebloomer

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Aril med rebloomer
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:10:06 EST

Francesca it was not my intent to pass judgment on another's decision. We see plants registered for both illogical and logical reasons. The registration system itself allows this as well it should. I smile each time I think of the registration list containing every iris that anyone, anywhere liked, for any reason. I admire hybridizers that exercise restraint. I admire hybridizers that seek genuine improvement.
I reserve my highest degree of respect for those hybridizers who successfully develop cultivars that exhibit overall superior traits. I recognize that improvements do come in small steps. The wider the distribution of a "small step" the greater the probability of a real break becomes. And maybe, just maybe one of those breaks will be mine. At the same time, I more than just appreciate, I love those who register only one plant in their life time. Maybe just because they want a friend or relative remembered or maybe because it is indeed a superior plant. It makes no difference. They accomplish their objective and they give me a smile. The enigma continues.

Bill Burleson zone 7a/7b
I live in a world surrounded by mystery wrapped in enigma by choice rather than a world choosen so small my mind remotely comprehends it. - I. Tink

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor