Re: Bloom out. .

That's a problem I've had, Doris, with some of my favorite irises.  Often there is one plant left.  Does the fan that shows in back of the clump belong to it?  If so, it doesn't seem to have a stalk and may give you increase for next  year.  My last clump of Celebration Song is doing it in my garden right now.  If it goes, I don't think I will replace it.  Pond Lily is just as pretty, doesn't fade as much and doesn't try to bloom out.
Francelle Edwards,   Glendale, AZ    Zone 9 where we had our first 100 degree day yesterday.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 6:45 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] Bloom out. .

As promised, here's the picture of IRISH CHANT in the throes of a bloom
out! Note there are only a few fans on the entire clump. . .the clump is
solid bloom stalks. I quit counting at 14 blooms. As I understand it,
there are no increases underneath all that mess.

Doris Elevier
USDA 7b, Sunset 11
El Paso, TX

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor