[PHOTO] Re: What's blooming | Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:41:01" />

[PHOTO] Re: What's blooming

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] What's blooming
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:41:03 -0700

re question on image editing. I let the scanner program do its thing and then edit the image with a simple image editing program. I suspect your scanner software package has one bundled with the scanner software. Windows 98 has an image editing program called Microsoft Photo Editor. In most cases cropping, adjusting the dpi to 72 or 75, and adjusting the image size to something reasonable. Adjusting compression ratio is a useful touch but usually not necessary.

The attached image shows me, my wife and 2 grandchildern. My son Andy took the image with a new digital camera. In the photo, I am in the process of removing 2500 pots from the frames in the top right, removing the weeds, sorting them by cultivar and then putting them in rough alphabetical order in the overflow parking area. When I am finished with that, the pots are inventoried and put back in the frames in strict alphabetical order. I finished that process yesterday. My daughter Sue and mother of the two grandchildern in  the photo was a tremendous help with that process.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] What's blooming

Harold,
This is a very good size for me. I have used a friends scanner in the past but have been unimpressed with the size adjustments it allows me. If I can crop it works pretty well on the smallest size, but if the subject fills the photo it seems to be a little to large. Any ideas how to work with this problem? Scaners really do try to make posters of everything. Great if you want a poster. VBG

Wendy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Binary data