Re: Fwd: Fw: Hi

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Fwd: Fw: Hi
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@juno.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:16:13 -0700

<2 different colors out of the same rhizome, granted different stalks; but definitely the same piece.

If it has 2 stalks coming out of the same rhizome, this is called Siamese stalks,
I've never seen 2 different colors on Siamese stalks.
Now if the other stalk is coming from a increase or side plant, and is
attached to the main rhizome, this would be a sport, which happens
occasionally but not very often, but I guess in your 30 years of growing
iris you could run across one of these.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor