Re: Fwd: Fw: Hi

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Fwd: Fw: Hi
  • From: jimmy brewster blizzard635@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:00:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, as to the 30 years, I didn't mean I was an expert, Just that I have had  iris in one form or another for that long, but that I am by no means an expert, think I'll dig one up this evening and see what's what. Tks Jimmy

Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com> wrote:
<2 different colors out of the same rhizome, granted different stalks; but definitely the same piece.

If it has 2 stalks coming out of the same rhizome, this is called Siamese stalks,
I've never seen 2 different colors on Siamese stalks.
Now if the other stalk is coming from a increase or side plant, and is
attached to the main rhizome, this would be a sport, which happens
occasionally but not very often, but I guess in your 30 years of growing
iris you could run across one of these.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor