Re: LAVENDER PARK - vigorous growers

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: LAVENDER PARK - vigorous growers
  • From: ranchiris@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:59:49 EST

LAVENDER PARK is very vigorous for me.  I got 6 stalks on a 2nd year clump & a couple were show stalks for sure.  It is an early bloomer - with the ABs here for me.  I can't say how it would do in the north country of Wisconsin, but it might be worth a try.  Other exceptionally vigorous Grosvenor cultivars (for me) are AIRLINE & ZIP IT UP.  Both of these are plicatas with large 2nd yr clumps and lots of nice stalks coming up.
I will try to post photos as bloom season progresses, plus report on what are the most outstanding performers here.
Kathy Chilton,
Tucson, AZ

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here