trouble brewing - humor

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] trouble brewing - humor
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:33:14 -0500

This bloomed today.  It's a seedling from a beepod seedling X AUTUMN ECHO.
The purpose of the cross was to try my hand at predicting results.  The pod
parent of the original seedling is a yellow ground red plic of modern form.
I suspect the pollen parent an old grandmother yellow probably going back to
the 20s.  So with a portion of knowns and unknowns I worked out a list of
what I thought I could expect visually from the cross.  There were several
pods and quite a few seedlings that have bloomed and been tossed with just a
small handful to go.  Unfortunately I had visitors today.  My comment that
this was trash elicited instant defense.  In fact, I think the iris
instantly became the favorite thing in bloom with that one comment.  So now
my Mother and sister-in-law are peeved with me.  I won't give it away and I
won't keep it.  C'est la vie!

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA - all the nice things blooming and I get flack over a
single reject....well, really more than one reject :).

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image