Re: Blooming Today TB Zurich

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Blooming Today TB Zurich
  • From: "Tom Greaves" <tomg@iadfw.net>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:54:53 -0500

What an excellent observation!  This is the coolest day since bloom started (47 degrees) and even my wonderful Mandolin has no fragrance this morning.  I'll try Zurich again when it warms up.  Speaking of which, we have 16 relatives coming over for dinner tonight and I was going to pick a few vases of irises just before they get here to put on the tables, so I think I'll pick them now so that they can warm up and release the fragrance,  I'll put Sugar Blues (bubblegum fragrance) on the kids table, Mandolin (dreamsicle fragrance) on the dessert table and a mixture on the adult tables.
BTW are you aware that you can make your own Flower Fresh?  Use 1 cup 7-UP (not diet), 1 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon bleach.  I picked 2 vases of rebloomers before Christmas and changed the water every 3 days using this formula and they were still nice on New Years day.
Tom Greaves
near Dallas, TX
zone 7b